Sri lanka trip – A 10 day itinerary
We had Planned our Trip to Sri Lanka a year earlier, but due to unforeseen circumstances we had to cancel the Trip, but This time around we were fortunate enough to visit this beautiful country of SriLanka. We booked all our hotels and finished making our itinerary. That’s when the news started pouring in that a virus is spreading through China and it’s infecting a lot of people.
As the day for our trip approached nearer and nearer the news of the virus only started getting severe and we started rethinking about the trip, but as it was still in China and not spread to the other regions like it has spread now, we packed our bags, got a few masks and started with our trip to Srilanka.
The Complete Srilanka playlist can be found here 10 Days in Srilanka
The Sri lanka Trip
We caught a flight from Mumbai that had a layover in Chennai. Once we reached Srilanka , we completed all the formalities and headed out of the airport and arranged for some Cash and Sim Cards.
We caught a bus (Rs150) and headed to the beautiful city of Colombo, where we freshened up at our pre-booked hostel and later in the evening headed out for Galle Beach.
The next day we visited Sigiriya where we visited the Pindurangala (Rs500) rock from where we saw the amazing sunset with the Sigiriya Rock.
After Sigiriya it was time to head to Kandy famous for its beautiful Lake and the tooth relic temple (Rs1000)
After Kandy, we caught a train to Nuwara Eliya. We spent the day at the beautiful lake enjoying the environment and spent time boating.
The next day we boarded the world-famous train from Nuwara Eliya to Ella. We stayed in Ella for 2 days. We spent the first day relaxing at the many cafes in Ella. The next day hiking the various tourist Spots like Nine Arch Bridge and Little Adam’s peak.
After an amazing experience at Ella visiting the beautiful spots, it was time for the beautiful beaches of Mirissa. We spent two days here trying to spot whales (LKR 6000). We spent the next day taking a dip in the ocean and had our last dinner at the beautiful BRIZO.
Finally, it was time to head home Mirissa to Colombo, Colombo to Chennai and then to Mumbai.
Back to mumbai
So, as we finally came back to Mumbai and this completed our amazing international trip.
To enjoy our other trips Click here
To enjoy travel videos Click Here
Experiences/Tips during the Srilanka trip:
- We had so many beautiful experiences during this trip from watching the Sunset from the Pidurangala Rock, which we had selected as it was a cheaper option in comparison to Sigiriya Rock. Pidurangala costs $3 vs $30 of Sigiriya.
- Riding the train from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya and then from Nuwara Eliya to Kandy are also must-tries and offer excellent views of the Srilankan Countryside. We booked the train tickets at Fort Railway Station in Colombo. We reserved tickets but you can also travel general but you might missout on the beautiful views if you do not get window seats.
- The Spiritual and the peaceful atmosphere at the tooth relic temple and spending the time at Kandy lake. The temple opens in the evening so plan your visit to the temple accordingly.
- Enjoying beautiful hikes at Ella visiting the Nine arch bridge and Little Adams peak is worth visiting and can be completed in a day if you start in the morning.
- The Whale watching can be skipped I think as we did not get to see the Whales and that time can be spent snorkeling or scuba diving at the beautiful beaches of Mirissa.
- Our Itenary for 10 days covered the beautiful places of Colombo > Sigiriya > Kandy > Nuwara Eliya > Ella > Mirissa
Ending it with a small trailer of our Srilanka Trip.